When it comes to returning on spends there is no credit card better than HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card. This card gives you up to 33% return on all your spending. Although this is one of the best super-premium credit cards in India it may not be your first choice.
The reason is, this card is powered by a diners club company that is not highly acceptable as compared to visa or MasterCard. As Diners Club says, all cards are acceptable by 32+ Million merchants in 190 countries still there is a very rare chance, you may face an acceptance issue so for backup please carry a second card.
HDFC Diners Club Black credit card comes with some awesome benefits that you won’t find in any of its competitor cards. This card 10x reward points earning categories can save you up to 33% on your spends. This card’s 10x rewards category covers all. In this card, you can save up to ₹ 40,000 by just spending ₹ 1.20 lakhs in a month. To know more about this card’s benefits, eligibility and how can you save more via this card please read the full article.
33% Rewards Earning Rate on HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card.
HDFC Diners Club credit card is a wish for many credit card users because of its 10x rewards point programme. 10x rewards point earning is not limited to spending in any specific category instead you can earn 10x rewards points for spending on travel, shopping, entertainment or groceries. This offer alone makes this card stand above from its competitor and I think it is unbeatable till now.
10x rewards point earning is divided into two parts.
1) 10x rewards points on SmartBuy.
2) 10X Reward points on Partner Brands (As per HDFC this offer is valid till 31-march-2020. We will update as soon HDFC release new offers.)
10x rewards points on SmartBuy
10x rewards points on SmartBuy.
You can earn 50 rewards points on every ₹ 150 spends at Flipkart, Amazon.in, Yatra, Clertrip, redBus, Irctc, OYO via HDFC SmartBuy exclusive portal for Diners Black credit card. Maximum Rewards points you can earn in a month is 15000.
1 Reward points value = ₹ 1 (You will only get this value on hotel and flights booking via SmartBuy portal)
You get ₹ 50 back on spend of ₹ 150. That is 33% cashback on spending.
10X Reward points on Partner Brands
10X Reward points on Partner Brands
You can also earn 50 rewards points for every ₹ 150 on partners brands, but caping of maximum rewards point earning in this category is 25000. Partner brands are changing from time to time, current partners brands are Myntra, Ola, Uber, Firstcry, and Zoomcar.
You can 10x reward points for up to ₹ 75,000 spends. After the spend of ₹ 75000, you will continue to earn regular rewards points.
Rewards Points on HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card.
Regular Rewards Points- You can earn 5 rewards points for every ₹ 150 spend apart from 10x rewards category. A 3.3% return on spend, that is simply amazing.
Rewards redemption rate and offers.
- Redeem for Hotel Booking and Air tickets- 1 rewards point is equal to ₹ 1 if you book ticket or hotel via On SmartBuy portal.
- Redeem for cash- 1 rewards point is equal to ₹ 0.30.
- Redeem from reward catalogue- 1 rewards point is equal to ₹ 0.40.
- Convert in Air Miles- All rewards points can be converted in 1:1 ratio. Means 1 rewards point equal to 1 Air miles.
Rewards redemption offers- You can use your points for air ticket booking, hotel booking, convert them into cash or redeem them by choosing from various rewards options in the reward catalog.
To know more about rewards redemption options please click here.
Feature and benefits of HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card.
HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card has lots of exciting welcome gift for you.
HDFC Diners Club black welcome gift.
As a welcome gift, you will get complimentary annual membership of Club Marriott, Forbes Digital subscription, Zomato Gold, Amazon Prime, MakeMyTrip Double Black, and Times Prime.
Note- Cards issued from 1st Nov 2019, you will have to complete the first transaction on your HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card to avail the Complimentary annual memberships from the above partners.
If you spend ₹ 80,000 in a month than you will get 2 vouchers worth ₹ 500 each. You can select any 2 monthly vouchers from any of these following.
- Ola Select membership
- BookMyShow voucher
- TataCLiQ voucher
Again 1.25% back on your spend. In total 4.55% monthly return on your spend. You won’t find this much return in any card in India for just a minimum spend of ₹ 80,000.
Travel Benefits In HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card.
- Book Air Tickets / Hotels across 150+ Airlines and Choice of hotels (Domestic & International) at SmartBuy Portal. All booking done through SmartBuy portal will consider as revenue booking.
- Book Airticket/Hotels by using your rewards points. (1 rewards point = ₹ 1)
- Air accidental death coverage: ₹ 2 Crore.
- Emergency overseas hospitalisation: ₹ 50 Lacs
- Credit Liability Cover of up to ₹ 9 Lacs
- Travel Insurance Cover of up to ₹ 55,000 on baggage delay (Capped to 10$ per hour restricted to 8 hours)
Airport Lounge Access
- You get unlimited airport lounge access to 1000+ Lounges in India and worldwide.
- Lounge access is complimentary for both primary and add-on cardholders.
- Lounge access via- By swiping your HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card.
As an HDFC Bank Diners Club Black Credit Card customer, you get exclusive benefits for your mind, body and soul. Enjoy exclusive discounts at leading spas, salons, gyms etc.
|Spa/ Salon||Tattva Spa, Enrich Salons & Academy, VLCC, O2 Spa, Four Fountains De-Stress Spa, Jean Claude Biguine|
|Spa Resort||RedEarth Kabini, Tree of Life, Kairali- The Ayurvedic Healing Village, Shreyas Retreat Bangalore, Neemrana Fort Palace Rajasthan, Tijara Fort Palace Rajasthan, NaturOville Vedic Retreat Rishikesh|
|Fitness||Cult.fit, Anytime Fitness, Kris Gethin, Golds Gym.|
|Nutrition||Calorie Care, Gympik, Healthie, Grow Fit|
- You get complimentary access to the world’s finest golf courses (6 per quarter) worldwide.
- You can access to 18 Golf course in India and 144 Golf course worldwide.
- For reservation of Golf course and help 24/7 Golf Concierge Assistance services is available for you always.
Personally, I love this service because it helps me to save time and enjoy the exciting moments. You know, it is very tuff work to arrange a party. Expenses are not the only things that you have to take care of, apart from expenses there are many more works that may give you a headache and ruin your precious movement. works such as, check booking availability and book restaurant, invite the guest and many more.
To avoid the stress of booking and all other works you can use the Concierge service so that you never miss your exciting moments.
here is the list of some random service that you can use concierge for-
- Golf Course Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Dining Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Flower and Gift Delivery Assistance
- Car Rental and Limousine Referral and Assistance
- Hotel Referral and Reservation Assistance
- Business Services
- Courier Service Assistance
- Low Foreign Currency Markup fee of 1.99% + Gst.
- Convenience fee waiver of 1% on all fuel transactions between ₹ 400 to ₹ 5000 (Maximum waiver of ₹ 1,000 per statement cycle)
- Pay your credit card due within 50 days without any interest after that you will be charged 1.99% + Gst on balance as interest.
- Enjoy 15% off on dining at finest restaurants all over India.
- Enjoy the world-class experiences in dining from more than 1400 offers in 70 countries with diners club privilege membership.
- Annual fees of ₹ 10,000 + Gst. will be waived off if you spend ₹ 5 lakhs in a year.
- All complimentary membership will continue to next year if you spend ₹ 8 lakh in a year.
Fees and Charges
|Joining fees||₹ 10,000 + Gst.|
|Annual fees||₹ 10,000 + Gst.|
|Cash withdrawal fees||2.5% of the withdrawn amount (Minimum ₹ 500)|
|Late payment charges||Less than ₹ 100 – Nil|
₹ 100 to ₹ 500 – ₹ 100
₹ 501 to ₹ 5,000 – ₹ 500
₹ 5,001 to ₹ 10,000 – ₹ 600
₹ 10,001 and ₹ 25,000 – ₹ 800
For more than ₹ 25,000 – ₹ 950
|Add-on cards charges||NIL|
|Rewards redeemption fees||NIL|
|Over limit charges||2.5% of the withdrawn amount (Minimum ₹ 500)|
|Card re-issuance charges||₹ 100|
Elegibility criteria for HDFC Diners black credit card.
- Your age must be between 21 to 60 years.
- Salary should be more than ₹ 1.5 lakh.
- Minimum age should be 21 and maximum age should be 65.
- ITR should be more than ₹ 21 lakhs per year.
Apart from that, you need to have your KYC Documents.
I already mention the major drawback of this card in the introduction section.
- Acceptance Issue- Diners Club acceptability increasing day by day but still there are lots of places where Diners Club is not accepted. You must carry a backup card, especially outside India.
- Fewer Rewards point capping on SmartBuy- If you checked the 10x rewards point capping on SmartBuy is 15000 and on 10x partners is 25000. But you will mostly spend in SmartBuy category as compared to 10x partner. So, I think HDFC should swap the capping points.
Why you should go for HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card?
There are lots of benefits that I explained above already answer to this question. But if still, you have a second thought then let me answer this question one more time.
the 10x rewards point programme that gives you a 33% return on spends you won’t find in any card in India. HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card also gives you a 3.3% return if you do not spend in 10x rewards category, plus you get additional ₹ 1000 vouchers for the monthly spend of ₹ 80,000 that increase your return rate by 1.25%. A 4.55% of return for just spending of ₹ 80,000 is simply unbeatable. Apart from that, you get unlimited lounge access, golf privileges, and lots of annual membership. So, if you get a chance to have this card, please go for it without any second thought.
Please share your experience of HDFC Diners Club Black credit card in comments below. If you have any query or question related to this card or any other card feel free to ask in comments below.
Do share this article if you think our work can be useful to someone.
Faq for HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card.
Question- What is a revenue booking and its benefits?
Answer- when you book air ticket or hotel at HDFC SmartBuy portal then it is considered as revenue booking. You get Air miles for these bookings.
Question- Are 10x partners fixed for HDFC Diners Club Black credit card?
Answer- No, 10x partner are changing from time to time. Current 10x partners are Myntra, Ola, Uber, Firstcry, and Zoomcar.
Question- What is voucher generation charge on HDFC Diners Club Black credit card?
Answer- You will have to pay ₹ 99 for voucher generation.
Question- How much point I can redeem for the air ticket and hotel booking?
Answer- You can pay up to 70% of booking price via rewards points and you can redeem your 100% points to pay.
Question-Does 10x points earning eligible on 10x partners offline store?
Answer- yes, only on Firstcry’s offline store.
Question- What will happen to my Diners Club black 10x points if I upgrade to HDFC Infinia Card?
Answer- all your rewards point will be credited to Infinia card if you get an upgrade to Infinia as both cards are linked in the backend.
Question- What is the rewards points validity of HDFC Diners Club Black credit card?
Answer- All rewards points are valid for 3 years.